Rates Pension Remissions

Those pensioners eligible for assistance under the Local Government (Rates and Charges Remission) Act 1991 may receive a rebate off their property rates.

Pensioners must possess a current Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) or Health Care Card as issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs.

To be eligible the date of receiving the card must be on or before the start of the current financial year (1st July), and you must own or be purchasing the property that is occupied as your principal place of residence as at 1st July the year you wish to make a claim. You may only claim a Pension Remission on your principal place of residence and only one remission per household is allowed.

If you have claimed a pension remission last year the Revenue Department should have your details on file. If a remission has been calculated the remission should be in the rebate column and your instalments adjusted accordingly.

If you are eligible for a Pension Remission, Council staff will recalculate your instalment amount for you.

If you did not claim a Pensioner Remission last year, you will need to complete a Pensioner Remission application form when you come in to the Council Office to make your first payment. The cashier will also need to sight your current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), Health Care Card or your DVA Reputation Health Card (Gold Card), which bear the inscription "War Widow" or "TPI". No other cards are accepted for verifying a rate remission.

Please Note: Eligible pensioners must claim their rebate before 31 March.

Concession Remission Form 2019-2020

11 Sticht Street
PO Box 63
Queenstown TAS 7467